How do you make a Trojan horse out of paper mache?
You can do this with a fifty-fifty mix of white glue and a mixture that is one part water, one part flour. Dip newspaper strips into the papier-mache mixture and layer the strips over the craft stick structure. Continue to layer the newspaper strips over the Trojan Horse frame, criss-crossing them as you go.
How do you make a horse out of sticks?
DIY Horse on a Stick
- Cut down one side of a large paper grocery bag and proceed to cut off the entire bottom rectangle of the bag. …
- Cut three strips of the brown or pink streamer, the exact length of the back of the horse’s head. …
- Place glue dots around the inside border of the horse head you attached the streamer strips too.
What is the story of the Trojan Horse?
The Trojan Horse is a story from the Trojan War about the subterfuge that the Greeks used to enter the independent city of Troy and win the war. In the canonical version, after a fruitless 10-year siege, the Greeks constructed a huge wooden horse and hid a select force of men inside, including Odysseus.
Are glue sticks made out of horses?
Glue, historically, is indeed made from collagen taken from animal parts, particularly horse hooves and bones. In fact, the word “collagen” comes from the Greek kolla, glue. … According to the company, no horse or any other animal is (currently) harmed in the making of their product.
How do you make a sock stick horse?
Sock Hobby Horses
- Start with sewing buttons on each side.
- Using floss or yarn embroider eye lashes.
- Add the mane by sewing and tying pieces of wool/floss to the sock.
- Stuff the sock.
- Place on a rod and fasten by tying several times with yarn.
- Make the bridle by tying yarn around the nose and leave some extra for the reigns.
- GIDDY UP!